- 2 aubergines
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Fresh rosemary 10 g
- Fresh thyme 10 g
- Fresh coriander 10 g
- Sour cream 100 g
- Olive oil
- Rock salt
- Breadsticks 200 g
- Croutons 200 g
- Canapes are absolutely crucial during Christmas celebrations. Everyone seems waiting for the Christmas lunch. Now, aubergine caviar. Aubergine is a great vegetable, it is rich, purple and full of flavor. Take 2 aubergines and cut them in halves. Get the half of the aubergine and a sharp knife. Just score the aubergine with you knife, criss-crossing.
- Take garlic, one clove for each half of the aubergine. Cut cloves of garlic in halves and rub into the aubergine.
- Next, take some fresh rosemary and thyme. Get a little springs of rosemary, use the stock of the rosemary and then, stab the aubergine with the rosemary. Do one half of your aubergines with rosemary and the second half with the thyme. Sprinkle some rock salt over your aubergines.
- Then, put together a part with thyme and a part with rosemary and wrap into tin foil. Then, place your aubergines into the oven for 40 minutes at 200 degrees.
- Take the aubergines out of the tin foil and spoon out the center. Remove thyme and rosemary. Then, sort of, chop the caviar.
- Heat the pan, add a touch of olive oil. Once the aubergine is chopped nice fine, place it into the pan.
- Take 20 g of fresh coriander and add to your aubergines. Add 100 g of sour cream to the pan and give that a good mix. Then, squeeze juice of a lemon over aubergine mixture. Finish off with some salt and pepper.
- Serve this perfect aubergine caviar in the beautiful bowl with breadsticks and croutons.
See: Other Christmas Recipes by Gordon Ramsay
See: Other Vegetarian Recipes by Gordon Ramsay