- Dry oats 50 g
- Yogurt 150 ml
- Apple juice 50 ml
- Almond flakes 30 g
- Berries 50 g
- Bircher muesli is traditionally made the night before and left in the fridge. Frankly, it can become a little bit heavy and stodgy. We will cook with the same principles but a lot lighter. First in, the yogurt. Live and raw milk yogurt is best. They are packed with calcium, enzymes and probiotics, which help your body absorb nutrients. It is a perfect breakfast for your kids. Place 150 ml of yogurt into the bowl.
- Add 50 ml of apple juice into the yogurt. Give that a good mix. Apple juice is a great way to sweeten your muesli.
- Then, sprinkle in 50 g of oats and mix with the yogurt. Oats are low on the glycemic index which means they slowly release energy to keep you going right through to lunch.
- Next, heat your pan and toast almond flakes. When toasted, add them to your yogurt and oats mixture.
- The exciting thing about putting your muesli together is that you are in control what berries to put. Blackberries, raspberries, strawberries. Berries are not only taste great, they are packed with antioxidants and vitamin C and K. So, just dot generously the top of your muesli with your favorite berries.
- Next, sprinkle over some toasted almonds. That looks and tastes fantastic. A perfect way to start your day!
See: Other Breakfast Recipes by Gordon Ramsay
See: Other Vegetarian Recipes by Gordon Ramsay