- Brussels sprouts 500 g
- Pancetta 300 g
- Chestnuts 150 g
- 1 lemon
- Olive oil
- This is modern, 21st century approach to cook an old-fashioned vegetable. Brussels sprouts are delicious when they are cooked perfectly, packed with texture. And the flavor is extraordinary. This dish is great for your Christmas dinner. Take 500 g of fresh Brussels sprouts and remove the outer leaves and bottom, then, cut in halves. Then, blanch the sprouts in salty boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Next, take 300 g of pancetta. Remove the skin and cut into small chunks. Pancetta is Italian bacon and it gives lovely taste to dishes. Then, heat the pan, drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add your pancetta. Add some salt and pepper.
- When pancetta starts melting, drain your Brussels sprouts and add into the pan.
- Then, take a handful of chestnuts and cut them. Sprinkle your chestnuts into the pan with Brussels sprouts.
- Next, grate lemon zest over the sprouts. That adds richness to this dish. Then, just squeeze lemon juice over the sprouts.
- To serve, put your amazing Christmas dish on the nice plate. If you still do not know what to cook for Christmas – take a look at this recipe by Gordon Ramsay.
See: Other Pork Recipes by Gordon Ramsay
See: Other Christmas Recipes by Gordon Ramsay