- Medium size turkey
- 3 oranges
- 3 lemons
- 1 big onion
- Rosemary 20 g
- Oregano 20 g
- Sage 20 g
- Melted butter 150 ml
- Herbs de Provence 10 g
- Olive oil
- Roast Turkey with citrus and herbs is a dramatic centerpiece for a holiday dinner. With turkey recipe is a little bit different from the traditional way. Start with aromatics. We are going to use lemon and orange to put inside turkey cavities. Cut your lemons and oranges in wedges. The juices of oranges and lemons keep the turkey breast and the whole turkey meat flavorful, moist and tender. And they really do create the fantastic aroma. Next, cut 1 big onion.
- Next, cut some fresh herbs. Use rosemary, oregano and sage. You do not need to chop the herbs, just leave them in whole.
- Before you start filling the cavity of your turkey, you need to prepare a rub. Take 150 ml of melted butter; add 10 g of dry Herbs de Provence. It is better to use dry herbs, because fresh herbs would burn in the oven. Add some salt and pepper into the butter. Next, 50 ml of olive oil. Give that a good mix.
- Next, stuff the turkey. Put your lemons, oranges and onion right into the turkey. Then, tie the legs together to keep the shape of the turkey.
- Then, spoon the rub over your turkey and spread it. That will give a beautiful brown color on top.
- Because the turkey is going to cook for a while, cover the breast and the legs with a tinfoil, so they do not brown too quickly. Place the turkey into the preheated oven at 200 degrees.
- After 20 minutes, add three cups of chicken stock to the roasting pan. Besides, add some more fresh herbs. Then, cook the turkey for another 40 minutes.
- Then, reduce the heat to 180 degrees and roast for another 30 minutes.
- Put your cooked turkey on the serving plate and decorate with fresh herbs, lemons and oranges.
See: Other Thanksgiving Recipes by Gordon Ramsay