- 2 duck breasts
- Gooseberries 100 g
- Butter 50 g
- Red wine 100 ml
- Honey 2 tablespoons
- Chicken stock 50 ml
- Sugar 50 g
- Szechuan peppers 30 g
- Lemon zest
- Score the skin of the duck breast.
- Take Szechuan peppers; lightly roast them in a dry pan. Season the peppers and grind.
- Rub grinded peppers into the duck breast.
- Put the duck into a dry pan on a low heat, slowly cook for 6 min. Then place it into the oven for 10 min.
- For the gooseberry sauce, place some sugar into a hot pan. Add some water and lemon zest. Boil.
- Add gooseberries. Bring to boil, then, set aside.
- Pour some red wine into a saucepan, season with salt and pepper. Reduce to syrup. Add 50 ml of chicken stock. Reduce. Add gooseberries. Add 2 teaspoons of honey and 50 g of butter. Cook some 2 min and take off the heat.
- Slice the duck breast not very thin and glaze with the gooseberry sauce. Cook this recipe with a photo!
See: Other Duck Recipes by Gordon Ramsay
See: Other Sauce Recipes by Gordon Ramsay