- Cod fillet 150 g
- 1 egg white
- Self-raising flour 200 g
- Baking powder 1 teaspoon
- Curry powder ¼ teaspoon
- Beer 80 ml
- 1 large potato
- Crème fraiche 50 g
- Mayonnaise 30 g
- Gherkins 20 g
- Shallot 10 g
- Lemon juice 1 teaspoon
- First things first, make the batter. Into the bowl add 100 g of self-raising flour, 1 teaspoon of baking powder and ¼ teaspoon of curry powder. Then, add 80 ml of bier. Season the batter with salt and pepper. Give that a really good mix. Next, whisk an egg white so it becomes three times lager. Add a touch of salt into the white. Then, add an egg white to the batter.
- Take regular frying-pan for shallow-frying, heat it and add vegetable oil, so that your fish is half-covered in the oil.
- Season your fish with salt and place it into the flour seasoned with curry powder. Remove the extra flour. Then, drop the fish into the batter and then, place into the hot oil. Cook your fish for 3,5 minutes so it is nicely colored on both sides. Then, drain it to remove extra oil. Finally, place your fish into the oven for 2 minutes.
- Cut your potatoes so to make French fries. Drain your potato with paper towel. Then, place into hot oil. Cook for 2,5 minutes.
- Next, cook tartar sauce. Take 50 g of crème fraiche and 30 g of mayonnaise. Chop 20 g of gherkins and add to your crème fraiche. Then, add a touch of hot sauce and a touch of salt. Next, chop 10 g of shallot and add to your sauce. Add a teaspoon of lemon juice. Give that a good mix.
- Assemble your plate. Put your fish and chips on the plate and add some tartar sauce.
See: Other Fish Recipes by Gordon Ramsay
See: Other Breakfast Recipes by Gordon Ramsay