- 2 fish fillets
- Flour 100 g
- Cayenne pepper 1 tablespoon
- Baking powder 2 teaspoons
- Ginger beer 100 ml
- Vegetable oil 2 liters
- Olive oil
- Now you don’t need to go to expensive fish restaurants. You can follow Gordon Ramsay’s fish recipe and enjoy flavorsome and delicious ginger beer battered fish. In order to make sure that the batter stays nice and crispy and the fish stays nice and firm, the secret is to season the fish. Season the fish with salt and pepper. Put in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- For the batter, sieve the flour, then, add a teaspoon of cayenne pepper. Season the flour with salt and pepper. Then, add a couple of teaspoons of baking powder. Add 100 ml of ginger beer and a nice tablespoon of olive oil. Give that a good mix. That should be a consistency of double cream.
- Heat 2 liters of vegetable oil in the pan.
- Take the fish out of the fridge and cover with seasoned flour.
- Put your fish into the batter and place into the boiling oil. Cook the fish from 3 to five minutes. One batter is nice and crispy, it’s ready. Leave the fish on the kitchen towel to blot the excess oil. Cook this recipe with a photo!
See: Other Fish Recipes by Gordon Ramsay