- 1 pineapple
- Butter 50 g
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cream
- Seeds of 1 vanilla pod
- Chinese five-spice
- Take a pineapple. Always cut the pineapple with a serried edge of knife.
- Slice off the bottom, turn it back over and slice the top part.
- Look at the core, the center of the pineapple and slice directly in half. Slice to quarters. Now, slice each quarter. Slice a core off. Slice underneath but stop as you get right at the end.
- Take a griddle-pan and heat it. Put slices of pineapple on the griddle. Sprinkle them with a little touch of sugar.
- Cook two minutes on each side.
- Next up, the spiced caramel.
- Start off with your pan nice and hot. Sprinkle 4 tablespoons of sugar in. Add seeds of a fresh vanilla pod and a small dusting of Chinese five-spice. Let the caramel bubble and transform to brown. Off with the gas, in with some butter. Add a couple of tablespoons of cream. Give that a little whisk.
- Pour the caramel on the slices of pineapple. Cook this recipe with a photo!
See: Other Vegetarian Recipes by Gordon Ramsay