- Self-raising flour 150 g
- Butter 100 g
- Sugar 80 g
- 3 eggs
- Poppy seeds 15 g
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Start with preheating your oven at 180 degrees C. After that, melt 100 g of butter. You can melt it in your microwave oven.
- Crack 3 eggs in a bowl and add 5 tablespoons of sugar. Give that a really good whisk to make a homogeneous mixture.
- Once eggs with sugar become pale, creamy and thick, sift in 150 g self-raising flour.
- Next step is to add 15 g of poppy seeds and zest of a lemon.
- When your melted butter is warm, pour it in to your egg mixture. Gently mix all the ingredients to form madeleine batter.
- You can make madeleines in your pudding molds. Lightly grease the molds with some butter.
- Sift a bit of flour into the molds to protect madeleine pastry from sticking.
- Place the mixture into a jug to pour it easily into the molds.
- Bake these delicious and easy madeleines in the oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes. Cook madeleines recipe with a photo!