- 2 monkfish fillets
- Mussels 500 g
- Curry powder 10 g
- 2 bay leaves
- White wine 300 ml
- Celery 50 g
- Carrots 50 g
- Leeks 50 g
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Double cream 100 ml
- Fresh coriander 20 g
- Cover monkfish fillet with salt and curry powder. Salt helps to extract the extra water. Leave the fish for 5 minutes.
- Now, on to the mussel broth. Take 500 g of mussels, put them into hot pan. Add thyme and bay leaves.
- Pour 300 ml of white wine. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Shell the mussels.
- Cut celery, carrots, leeks and garlic. Add saffron, salt and curry powder. Strain mussel broth in. Reduce.
- Put in the mussels. Bring it to the boil.
- Add 100 ml of double cream. Chop fresh coriander.
- Remove extra water from the fillets. Now, put the monkfish into the hot pan with olive oil. Cook until nicely colored. Cut nice big chunky slices.
- Serve the fish with mussel broth. Cook this recipe with a photo!
See: Other Fish Recipes by Gordon Ramsay
See: Other Seafood Recipes by Gordon Ramsay