- 1 onion
- Ginger 50 g
- 1 nutmeg
- Cinnamon 1 teaspoon
- Cayenne pepper 1 teaspoon
- Demerara sugar 100 g
- White wine vinegar 200 ml
- 2 Williams’s pears
- 2 apples
- Sultanas 100 g
- A pinch of saffron
- 2 oranges
- 2 tomatoes
- Let’s cook pear and saffron chutney. This is a fruit relish that works brilliantly with a sweet aromatic ham. Slice one big onion. Heat the pan, drizzle some olive oil and add your onion. Fry without coloring it.
- Then, grate in 50 g of ginger and one nutmeg. Next, add a teaspoon of cinnamon and a teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- Then, add 100 g of Demerara sugar. When the sugar dissolves add 200 ml of white wine vinegar.
- Next, chop 2 Williams’s pears. Pear is a star of a chutney. Place the pears into the pan. Then, add 2 chopped apples. Give that a good mix.
- Then, add 100 g of sultanas and a pinch of saffron. Saffron gives a rich golden color to the dish.
- To make the dish lighter, add zest and juice of two oranges. Bring your chutney to boil, cook out for 15 minutes.
- Chop 2 tomatoes and add to the pears and apples. Mix the tomatoes in and cook literally for 30 seconds.
- Serve in a beautiful bowl as a complement for ham or fish for Christmas dinner. It can also be separate Christmas dish for vegetarians.
See: Other Vegetarian Recipes by Gordon Ramsay
See: Other Christmas Recipes by Gordon Ramsay