- 1 sea bream
- Salt 2 kilos
- 2 lemons
- Fennel seeds 20 g
- To check the sea bream is fresh, its eyes should be bright, gills red and scales shiny. This fish is great poached, grilled or pan-fried. But we are going to bake it in a salt crust for the ultimate lunch for friends. First job is that salt crust. Take 2 kg of salt and pour 100 ml of water. Bring that together.
- Take the whole fish without guts; leave the skin and scales on. Give the fish a really good seasoning inside and outside. Place fennel seeds and slices of lemon inside.
- Place a good layer of salt on the baking tray. Put the fish on the salt. Pack the fish with the salt.
- Place the fish into the oven at 180 degrees for 25 minutes.
- You can salt crust almost any fish from sea bass to salmon, or flatfish like soul. But it is not great with oily fish. It is really important to cover all the fish. You can try such dish in fish restaurants or you can have it home-made. Cook this recipe with a photo!
See: Other Fish Recipes by Gordon Ramsay