- 8-12 peeled, deveined shripms
- Dry capellini 100 g
- Extra Virgin Olive oil 2 tablespoons
- 3 bulbs of garlic
- 1 large shallot
- Chili flakes 2 tablespoons
- 1 lemon
- White wine 2 tablespoons
- 6 Cherry tomatoes
- Seafood stock 100 ml
- Butter 50 g
- Parmesan 20 g
- Basil 20 g
- Heat a medium nonstick sauté pan on medium heat with one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the shallots, finely grate the garlic bulbs into the pan and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Then, deglaze the pan with 2 tablespoons of white wine and cook until it is almost evaporated from the pan.
- Add the seafood stock, chili flakes, capers, cherry tomatoes and lemons (zested and juiced).
- As the sauce starts to simmer, season the raw shrimp with salt and pepper and poach in the liquid for about 1 minute per side. Add the cubed butter to melt. Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- When the water begins to boil, add the pasta.
- Boil the pasta, stirring occasionally so it doesn’t stick together, for about 3-5 minutes, or until al dente. Strain the pasta and quickly add it to the pan with the scampi sauce and cooked shrimp.
- Mix pasta and sauce carefully. Finally, tear fresh basil leaves and add to your pasta before serving. Cook this recipe with a photo!
See: Other Seafood Recipes by Gordon Ramsay