- 4 chicken thighs
- Soy sauce 100 ml
- Shaoxing wine 50 ml
- Rice vinegar 50 ml
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 chilli pepper
- Ginger 20 g
- 1 tablespoons of Sichuan pepper corns
- Orange zest 10 g
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Spring onions 10 g
- First, marinade the thighs with soy sauce and Shaoxing wine. Next, add rice vinegar, and season with salt and pepper. Leave to marinade up to 2 hours.
- Then, chop garlic, chilli and ginger.
- Add olive oil to a hot pan. Put garlic and chilli mixture into the pan. Cook until softened.
- Add Sichuan peppercorns and orange zest.
- Next add the marinated chicken thighs along with a marinade.
- Then, throw a pinch of sugar and fry the chicken until it is lovely and brown and the sauce is deliciously thick.
- Finish with chopped spring onions. Drizzle a bit a soy sauce and a few drops of sesame seed oil. Cook this recipe with a photo!
See: Other Chicken Recipes by Gordon Ramsay