- Plain flour 350 g, plus extra for dusting
- Whole meal flour 150 g
- Bicarbonate of soda 1½ teaspoons
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Caster sugar 1 teaspoon
- Buttermilk 450 ml
- How to cook bread? This is perfect recipe of homemade bread for your Thanksgiving dinner. First up, measure out your dry ingredients. Take 350 g of plain flour, 150 g of whole meal flour, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of caster sugar and 0,5 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda. Give that a good mix.
- Next, add 450 ml of buttermilk into the flour mixture and mix. Buttermilk has a wonderful sour note that gives this bread a deliciously wonderful taste. You can get that in most big supermarkets.
- Then, flour your board and gently knead your mixture for about 30 seconds until it is all combined.
- Next, dust your baking tray with flour and place your dough in the center. Score a deep cross with a knife to get a perfect crust. Bake your bread in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes at 180 degrees. How to cook bread at home? Our answer is easy and worth it! Cook this recipe with a photo!
See: Other Vegetarian Recipes by Gordon Ramsay