- Pork belly 1 kg
- 1 bulb of fennel
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of fennel seeds
- 4 stars of anise
- a couple of cardamom seeds
- 3 bay leaves
- 100 ml of red wine
- 200 ml of stock
- Fennel seeds
- Olive oil
- Take a very sharp knife, and using the tip of the knife do a sort of nicking it and go across the pork belly.
- Turn it 180, what we are doing now is just cutting a sort of diamonds.
- Take handfuls of salt and rub it in the belly.
- Take a roasting tray, get it nice and hot. Pour some olive oil.
- Take a whole bulb of fennel, chop it and put on the tray. Add 3 cloves of crashed garlic.
- Add 2 tablespoons of fennel seeds, 4 stars of anise and a couple of cardamom seeds. Put some bay leaves.
- Put the pork belly skin side down. Cook for 5 minutes. Turn it. cover with fennel seeds.
- Add 100 ml of red wine and 200 ml of stock.
- Put the pork belly at 180C for 2,5 hours. When cooked, put the belly onto the board and cut. Cook this recipe with a photo!
See: Other Pork Recipes by Gordon Ramsay