- Whole goose 6 kg
- 4 lemons
- 3 oranges
- Chinese five-spice 2 tablespoons
- Honey 70 ml
- Rock salt 1 tablespoon
- Do not be scared of cooking goose for Christmas because it really is a special treat. Everyone is worried about the fat content in there but the secret is to get the fat out and put flavor to it. Firstly, prepare the spice mix. We are going to do zesty. Add zest of two lemons and one orange into a pestle and mortar. Then, add a tablespoon of rock salt and 2 tablespoons of Chinese five-spice. Next, mix that down, grind it into a paste.
- Then, take a whole goose and score its skin crisscross all the way round.
- Get the seasoning and just rub it into goose’s skin. If you have time, do this the night before for better flavor.
- Take 2 oranges and two lemons and stick them inside the goose.
- Place the goose in an oven at 250 degrees and then, turn it down after 15 minutes. Normally, you cook the bird like this one 15 minutes for a kilo.
- 50 minutes later your goose is almost cooked. Take it out of the pan; remove the fat in the separate gar. You can use this fat in lots of various dishes. Give your goose the second layer of flavor. Generously drizzle the honey over the goose. The secret of cooking the goose perfectly is making sure that legs and breast are cooked evenly. Open up the goose legs so they are cooked evenly.
- Place the goose into the oven for half an hour at 180 degrees.
- When cooked it is really important to take it out of the oven, cover this tin foil and leave the goose to rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Next, carve your goose and put the meat on the beautiful plate.
See: Other Duck Recipes by Gordon Ramsay
See: Other Christmas Recipes by Gordon Ramsay