- Flour 200 g
- Cereal 100 g
- 1 Orange
- Brown sugar 200 g
- Treacle 1 tablespoon
- 1 egg
- Milk 200 ml
- Dates 100 g
- Walnuts 50 g
- Butter 200 g
- Golden syrup 2 tablespoons
- 1 vanilla stick
- First, sieve 200 g of flour. Add 100 g of cereal and orange zest. Add 100 g of brown sugar. Next, add a tablespoon of treacle. Give that a good mix.
- Crack 1 egg and add 200 ml of milk. Pour that to the flour mixture.
- Cut 100 g of dates and 50 g of walnuts. Add that to flour and milk mixture.
- Slightly grease mold with butter. Place the mixture into the mold and cover with baking paper, then fasten it with a string. Next, cover tight with foil, place in a pan with water. Let it steam for around 2 hours with a lid on.
- For a butterscotch sauce, add 200 g of butter into a pan, along with brown sugar. Add 2 tablespoons of golden syrup, a pinch of salt and vanilla seeds. Melt and combine over a medium heat. Simmer until thickened.
- Place the syrup into the gar. Cook this recipe with a photo!
See: Other Desserts Recipes by Gordon Ramsay
See: Other Sauce Recipes by Gordon Ramsay