- Slab bacon 1 kg
- Cayenne pepper a half of tablespoon
- Black pepper a half of tablespoon
- Maple syrup 100 ml
- Take a big chunk of slab bacon and cut it into 2by4 cm cubes. Make sure that the bacon is nice and cold, because it makes easier to cut it.
- Next, put your bacon into a cold pan and start heating it. Make sure that all the bacon is evenly on the pan that it starts rendering the fat. Turn the bacon to make it crispy on all sides.
- Then, we will make a little sweetness, sweet and sticky part of the bacon. Pour 100 ml of maple syrup into the bowl. Then, add a half of a tablespoon of cayenne pepper and a half of a tablespoon of black pepper. Give that a really good whisk. Next, pour this mixture into the pan with the bacon.
- Let the bacon cook in the syrup for about 15 minutes. It can be a great sneak on a busy Christmas day.
See: Other Christmas Recipes by Gordon Ramsay
See: Other Pork Recipes by Gordon Ramsay