- Halibut fillet 500 g
- Cumin seeds 10 g
- Coriander seeds 10 g
- Ginger 30 g
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Chili 2 g
- Turmeric 2 g
- Paprika 2 g
- Haram masala 2 g
- Tomato puree 1 tablespoon
- Ground nut oil
- Yoghurt 200 g
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 lemons
- Take halibut fillet and remove the skin. Cut nice big slabs. Place fish into the fridge to firm up for 15 minutes.
- Next, to the tandoori paste. Roast cumin and coriander seeds with salt.
- Peel 30 g of ginger and grate into the pestle and mortar. Add three chopped cloves of garlic and toasted seeds. Add chili, turmeric, paprika and haram masala. Add a tablespoon of tomato puree and 2 tablespoons of ground nut oil. Mix.
- Take 2 tablespoons of yoghurt and 2 tablespoons of spicy paste. Squeeze 1 lemon and add 1 tablespoon of sugar. Mix.
- Cover halibut with the marinade.
- Get the pan nice and hot. Pout some ground nut oil.
- Cook the fish for 2,5-3 minutes on each side.
- Now, to cucumber salad. Peel the cucumber and slice it really thin. Place sliced cucumbers into the bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Chop 30 g of mint and add to cucumber. Add 1 tablespoon of yoghurt and some lemon juice. Serve the cucumber salad with halibut fillet on top. Cook this recipe with a photo!
See: Other Fish Recipes by Gordon Ramsay