- 2 slices of veal
- 1 egg
- Flour 50 g
- Bread crumbs 50 g
- Parmesan 20 g
- Pine nuts 20 g
- 1 red pepper
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 onion
- 1 aubergine
- Red wine vinegar 1 tablespoon
- 1 tomato
- Fresh basil 20 g
- Olives 50 g
- Capers 50 g
- Olive oil
- Butter 20 g
- Start your cooking, which is basically like ratatouille. Chop one red pepper, 2 stalks of celery, 1 onion, and 1 aubergine.
- Heat a big pan and add some olive oil. Place all chopped vegetables into the pan. Season your veggies with salt and pepper. Then, add red wine vinegar. Next, chop 1 big tomato and add to your pan, along with some basil leaves. Add 50 g of olives and 30 g of capers. Cook for 5 minutes and stir occasionally. When cooked, place your caponata on the plate.
- Our veal is going to undergo 3 stages: flour, eggs and breadcrumbs. Prepare 3 bowls: with flour, 1 cracked egg and breadcrumbs with grated parmesan.
- First, cover your veal with flour, then with an egg, and finally with breadcrumbs.
- Place your veal into the hot pan with olive oil. Make sure that your escalope is golden brown on both sides. Then, top your veal with capers and pine nuts. Then, add 20 g of butter. Very gently place your escalope on the plate with capers and pine nuts on it. Top with fresh basil leaves.
- Serve the veal with delicious caponata. Cook this recipe with a photo!
See: Other Christmas Recipes by Gordon Ramsay
See: Other Beef Recipes by Gordon Ramsay