- 2 swedes
- 1 big onion
- 2 sticks of celery
- Thyme 10 g
- Butter 70 g
- Cardamom 20 g
- 1 nutmeg
- Olive oil
- Swede and cardamom soup is perfect for Christmas lunch. Swede costs pence, but watch how you can turn it to something really vibrant. Firstly, take one big onion and peel it. Then, finely chop it.
- Heat a deep pan and drizzle some olive oil. Place the onion into the pan.
- Take 2 sticks of celery and finely chop them. Add your celery to the onions. Give that a little stir. We do not need to give vegetables the color. Make them transparent. Add 10 g of thyme and 20 g of butter. Next, add 20 g of cardamom seeds. First, crash them and add to your vegetables.
- Next, take 2 swedes and peel them. Then, cut your swede and add to the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper. Add 2 tablespoons of honey. Cook for 2 minutes with the lid on.
- Then, add boiling vegetable stock to cover the vegetables. Bring the mixture back to the boil. Then, add 150 ml of cream. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Next, take the soup off the heat and blend it. Add 50 g of butter and blend again.
- Pour the soup through the sieve.
- Serve your delicious soup in the beautiful bowl. The finishing touch is a nutmeg. Powder your soup with grated nutmeg. Use 1 nutmeg for 6 portions. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
See: Other Christmas Recipes by Gordon Ramsay
See: Other Vegetarian Recipes by Gordon Ramsay