- Watercress 100g
- Potato slices 100g
- Hot water 200ml
- Butter 2-3 knobs
- 2 eggs
- Olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- Hot olive oil into the pot, then watercress in. Season it with salt and pepper. Sprinkle really thin slices of potato. Potato helps to thicken up soup’s texture.
- Pour slightly seasoned boiling water on the watercress. Then, put three or two knobs of butter in there. In two minutes, blitz the watercress for 30 seconds.
- Pour the soup into the bowl.
- Now for the poached egg. Get a whisk and gain some momentum in the boiling water. As it starts to poach the egg white wraps the egg yolk forming a mozzarella ball.
- It is better to crack the egg into a small tea cup. It makes easier to drop an egg into the water. The secret behind a good poached egg is taking it out of the boiling water and putting it into ice water. It stops the egg from overcooking.
- We put lightly seasoned poached egg into the bowl to enrich the soup.
- Add a touch of olive oil. Done! Cook this recipe with a photo!
See: Other Vegetarian Recipes by Gordon Ramsay